7 Oct 2017

Less is More #349 - Hot N Spicy

 
 


Helloooo, helloooo, helloooo. Well, we're sizzling hot this week at the Less is More challenge - just like the weather over here in Portugal. Sorry UK peeps, but we're still getting temperatures up into the high 20's and up to 30 degrees which is fab for October. We're still waiting for autumn to hit here.

Anyway, it's a new month and that means the first challenge is a colour one.

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/

As it is a new month we have a new sponsor for our October challenges:
http://www.uniko.co.uk/shop/

and the lovely Bev, owner of the Uniko store is joining us as our guest designer this week. Please pop over to see her amazing card and leave her a little love.

Today I have 3 cards, a video clip and a link to a full video tutorial. So let's start with my main DT make.

1) Hot - hot glue


As you may have seen I've been pretty taken with the heat embossed hot glue technique and I couldn't resist making another abstract panel using spicy colours.  This card is larger than I normally make because the panel was almost my normal A6 size (14.4cm x 10.5cm) and because we love our clear, uncluttered 'white space' at Less is More I had to attach it to a larger card blank.




I'm entering this one in at
Addicted to Stamps and More! #262 - Make your mark
Deep Ocean Challenge #165 - Colours of Autumn
Through The Craft Room Door - 3rd Oct - Anything Goes

 Here is a few seconds of video which shows off just how sparkly and glittery the panel is.



*******************************************
You can access the full length tutorial by clicking HERE.
*******************************************

STAMPS: Papertrey Ink Birthday Basics Sentiment
INKS: Distress Inks Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed
OTHER: Hot glue gun, Papermania tinsel gold embossing powder, gold Glimmer Mist, watercolour paper, white card

2) Spicy spotlighted flowers


It would've been rude not to have made a card using some of our sponsor's stamps (seeing as I have quite a few of them!) and I thought I'd have a go at the spotlight technique with this one.

This is the first time I've inked up this particular stamp and I really like it.

This one is for:
Aurora Wings Challenge #58 - Clean and Simple
The Crafty Addicts #41 - Anything Goes/Autumn Colours
Through the Purple Haze #135 - Anything Goes



I toned down the spicy colours a little here to give a different look and I couldn't resist adding some sparkle to this one too and for once I captured the sparkle on camera (It looks like if I take my photos at around 6pm I actually capture the sparkle!)

STAMPS: Uniko Originally Organic
DIES: Lawn Fawn stitched circles
INKS: VersaColor 54 brown
OTHER: Stardust Stickles, Promarker in oatmeal, colouring pencils, 3d foam, white card.


3) Sizzling Christmas

I'm still on my mission to get some Christmas cards made so I challenged myself to make some using the hot and spicy colours and I immediately thought of a desert scene.

I've made these for:
ABC Christmas Challenge - U=unlimited, v=vibrant
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Christmas
The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge #16 - Anything Christmas Goes
The House that Stamps Built DCC104 - Count your blessings
The Mod Squad - Colour Me Fall (colours of Rust, Orange and gold)



STAMPS: ClarityStamps image, Papertrey Ink Signature Christmas sentiment
INKS: Distress Inks rusty hinge, carved pumpkin, fossilised amber, mustard seed, squeezed lemonade. Ranger Archival ink in coffee, Versamark clear.
OTHER: Wow! Metallic gold sparkle embossing powder, Gold Glimmermist, Brown, white and a orangey-yellow card.

Yes - I went a bit mad and made 3 different versions based on the same idea. I quite like these so I think I may make a few variations for my Christmas 2017 stash ( these 3 bring the running total up to 7 cards  😱 - Ha! I've only got to get them all done by the end of this month ready for posting when I go over to the UK in November!!! )

These are for
Happy Little Stampers October Christmas challenge -  Anything Goes with optional twist of silhouette



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You are also in for a treat if you head on over to the challenge blog  as there's some major spiced up inspiration from our design team.

That's it from me for now. I hope you found something you like and I really hope to see you again soon.

Hugs,
Sharon

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards - every single one of them!! I am so intrigued by the hot glue panel, I must try that. Your colors are spot on, and your designs are amazing!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at The Mod Squad.
    Judy~ Mod Squad DT and Challenge Host
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you've been busy making super cards for our inspiration and how wonderful they all are, very different from each other! You manage so many styles, it's amazing! You are a wizard with techniques too -amazing use of the spotlight technique for example, I love the twist of you coloring the image in to a colored card base. The scene in your third card -so beautiful and very unique. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your CAS cards are beautiful, Sharon! Love the trio of Christmas cards and the fabulous way you stamped on the the gorgeous card you entered in our challenge. Thanks so much for joining our CAS challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is choc full of fabulous inspiration, Sharon - I love all of the techniques that you use to create your designs! The hot glue looks amazing - you have created a piece of abstract art that should be framed. The spotlight technique is beautiful and I absolutely love the Christmas cards - the composition and warm colours are just perfect. Enjoy the autumn sunshine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some really lovely cards, the glue gun panel looks awesome !! and your ink blending is fantastic.
    Thank you for sharing with us at simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really beautiful.


    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Crafty-littleangel {Welcome to visit My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how stunning - can almost feel the heat of the desert scene you have created. Truly non traditional Christmas colors but perfect. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW ! You've been a busy bee this week Sharon ! And what a fantastic array of cards ! Your sizzling Christmas cards are just gorgeous ! Love how you create the atmosphere of the desert scene with your design, the hot colours and the silhouette stamping ! Your spicy flowers are just a delight for the eyes with these soft spicy colours and the sparkle ! But your first card stole my heart with these gorgeous vibrant and bright colours mixed with gold ! Love this technique and the result is so stunning ! I'm so honoured to have this card displayed on my craft room wall ! Thanks ever so much ! Have a fabulous week ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your card are just beautiful...but I've gotta try that hot glue technique. It's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah! Sharon looks like the hot and spicy colours have set you on fire with a fantastic collection of goodies. I loved the sparkly gold hot glue card as soon as I saw it and you've certainly captured all the shimmer in your video. A stunning technique and so beautiful. Great to see we both used the Uniko organic bloom but I'm swooning at your added sparkle to the leaves and buds - what a superb design too ... definitely one to CASE! I'm so jealous of your Christmas organisation too and what an incredibly effective sponged backdrop to the images. Love them. Have a fun week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great collection of cards!! Love all your hot, spicy colors!! And those Christmas cards are fabulous!! I would never have thought of using these colors for Christmas, but they are perfect for the desert scene!! And your take on our "Count your Blessing" theme is unusual, but I think it totally works!! Way to think outside the box! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely collection of cards, Sharon! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning cards, thanks so much for sharing with us at the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge. Hugs, Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous collection of cards, so glad you joined us at The House that Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards - love the wise men riding on their camels!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful collection of cards. Thank you for playing along with the HLS Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.