8 Jul 2017

Less is More #336 & 337 - One Layer Coloured Card Base

Hello there my crafty friends. At Less is More we have a great challenge for you this week, and we are also linking up with AAA Cards. It's a challenge that runs for TWO WEEKS!
2017 Recognition
Our guest designer this week is our July sponsor, Kylie from Happy Little Stampers and she's made a fab card for us. Please pop over to see her and give her some lovely comments.

I have 3 cards to share with you today.

1) Raspberry Birthday


I work around 2 months ahead with my DT makes and this was my original offering for the LIM blog for this challenge, however, I ended up removing it  because Kylie had the same idea as me - same colour card and same stamp set! Great minds, eh Kylie?  But I loved this card so much that I am sharing it anyway.

It's a less than10 minute make; simple stamping on a one layer card. (This is my favourite HLS stamp set!)

This one is for:
Addicted to Stamps and More! #249 - Clean and Simple
Crafty Creations #345 - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination #131 - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze #128 - Spots and/or Stripes (Thank you for selecting my card as the winner for your challenge #127)




STAMPS: Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash stamp set
INKS: Archival jet black ink, VersaColor ultimate white pigment ink.
OTHER: Raspberry coloured card base.

2) Black Sympathy


Here's the card that I substituted on the LIM blog. I love the sophisticated and elegant way this card looks.  Lilies are one of my favourite flowers (along with freesia) so I use these stamps at every opportunity. They are versatile enough for most occasions.

AND this card only uses 5 supplies in total so it is a very inexpensive card to make.

This one is for:
4 Crafty Chicks #358 - Stamping, no digis
Craft Rocket Challenge #39 - Anything Goes
Crafting by Designs - July - Anything Goes
International Art and Soul #11 - Flowers



STAMPS: Uniko Pure Florals: Lily
OTHER: Black Card, Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Versamark clear ink, China White pencil

3) Lilac Spread Your Wings


I wanted one of my cards to have a bit of glitz on it, so I used some embossing glitter on this one.

This one is for:
Art Impressions Challenge #212 - Bling, Glitter or Glossy
Cards4Galz challenge #51 - Butterflies
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge WWC#126 - Fiona's feminine anything goes challenge (Thank you for selecting my Christmas card in your honourable mentions for challenge WWC125)




STAMPS: Clearly Besotted everything changes II
DISTRESS MARKERS: Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio, Hickory Smoke
EMBOSSING: WOW! Royal Crush embossing glitter, WOW! Opaque bright white embossing powder
OTHER: Versamark Clear Ink and Embossing pen, Sequins, Lilac Card.

Don't forget to take a look at the gorgeous cards that both the LIM DT and the AAA Cards DT have made.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is my 34th wedding anniversary so my hubby and I have a day planned out where we'll be enjoying some serious sunbathing and swimming around (and in) both the pool and the beach at a gorgeous club, then this evening we'll be enjoying a fabulous meal somewhere local. Ahhh! relaxation time.

Thanks for stopping by today and if you left me a comment - double thanks! I read and appreciate them all.

Hope you'll get the time to join in with us on this challenge.
See you again in two weeks.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

27 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Sharon! 34 years sounds amazing. Enjoy your day! Your cards are as stunning as they always are... All so different in style, all equally fabulous! I love your use of white pencil in the sympathy card and I definitely have to steal this idea from you. ;) The colors and shine of your butterfly card look amazing and I love the simple layout. The pink card is great too, the white stamping adds a lot of interest, and who can resist black and pink! So girly and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you both a wonderful Anniversary and hope your day is super special. Three stunners in the bag here Sharon and Kylie definitely had the same idea in mind when she grabbed her pink cardstock. I love that vibrant cheery colour and it works so well with the geometric stamping. My favourite has to be the lily card - a showstopper for sure, beautifully embossed with then touches of white detail. Elegant and sophisticated. Dreamy butterflies, lilac cardbase and a sprinkle of glitter makes for another elegant card too. Enjoy your weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sharon! As I scrolled down this post I enjoyed the cards which you've posted. But the one I especially love is the one which you've posted to our challenge. What a vibrant use of colours! I love the lilac base you've used. Such a lovely shade. The butterflies, especially the larger one, have so much detail that each time I look at your card, I see just a little bit more that you've done. The white embossing really does help the colours "pop". The embossing glitter---wow! And that bright, beautiful blue you've used to accent each butterfly was the perfect choice. It may be a CAS card but it surely isn't "simple". Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. (P.S. What a wonderful way to spend your 34th Anniversary, sunbathing, swimming, and, finally enjoying a great meal. All the best to you and your husband. May you enjoy many, many more wonderful years.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popped in to say that although you shouldn't have favourites.... I love the black sympathy card. So elegant and classy and love how you've hi-lighted the card with the white pencil. Happy Anniversary and enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sympathy card is absolutely striking! I've never seen anything like this and I really must try this out. So beautiful!! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary too. Thank you so much for playing along with our IntAAS (Flowers) challenge this fortnight. Hope we see you again very soon. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, happy wedding anniversary to both of you ! Love your program, but I'm sure you don't have to wait for another anniversary to do it again ! As usual you've made such beautiful cards ! We had the same idea for the sympathy card and I prefer yours ! So gorgeous with the black background and the gold embossing ! Your last card is just stunning. Love the color of the card base and the butterflies are so beautiful over it ! Enjoy your special day, have a lovely weekend and a fabulous coming week !xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three amazing cards as always, Sharon! Absolutely LOVE that black sympathy lily card. So stunning, especially the way you coloured / highlighted it. And happy anniversary! So excited for you both. Enjoy celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are so pretty! Thanks for playing along over at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards, all of them are so classy and elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of these are so pretty! This was a tricky challenge for me, but it looks easy for you! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you and your hubby had a fantastic anniversary! I love all three makes, Sharon! Your first card is fabulous with that hot pink base and contemporary vibe going on. I can't believe how similar yours and Kylie's ended up being - synchronicity in action! The second one is a total stunner. You have ROCKED that black and gold look. It's truly wonderful. And the gorgeous jewel colours of the third card with those lovely butterflies is awesome <3 Love the shimmer! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are fabulous, Sharon - I love the vibrant pink with the pops of black and white and that black card with the gold embossed lily looks so beautiful. It is one that I shall have to try out. The lovely butterflies on the lilac card base look so summery and your design is CAS perfect. Great inspiration as always. I hope you have had a wonderful anniversary in the sunshine - 34 years is an amazing achievement :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. I guess the butterfly one is my favourite but it's hard to choose. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Sounds like you and hubby were doing it up right! Congrats also on your three beautiful cards in this post. The butterfly card has such rich and vibrant colouring that it almost looks like the large one is lifting off the page. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards - I always find one layers so tricky but you have done a stunning job - Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sharon. Love the card you created for the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is really terrific! I love the clean and simple nature of this card, yet it is super elegant and the glitter embossing adds a fabulous touch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three gorgeous one layer cards! Each is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your cards are fantastic, Sharon, and the pink one is so bright and beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous cards! Love the gold embossed lily with white coloring. It pops and is so elegant against the black! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, loving all of these Sharon. The first is super fun and modern and great to mass produce. I adore the elegance of card two, so classy with the gold and the white shading. And your last is just so pretty with the lilac base and the glitter. Oh, to be that organised and work that far ahead! More like 2 days for me! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! A trio of gorgeous cards that have completely captured my CAS-loving heart! So glad you shared the eye-catching pink/black one in the ATSM gallery (actually, they all fit the challenge)!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your butterfly card is stunning! Your embossing powder colors are incredible, and I love your clean and simple card. Thank you so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz challenge and sharing your card. -Chris, DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Sharon! Your blingy butterflies are pure delight! I love your other cards, too. Such sweetness! So happy to see you at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  25. 3 fab cards Sharon, love the classy sympathy card and the sweet sparkly butterfly on the purple.
    Hope you had a great anniversary and congratulations on reaching 34 years. It's our ruby in August and my Son still jokes about our 25th, we had intended to go for a nice walk on the moors then a pub lunch, followed by a slap up meal in the evening, but things contrived to be against us and we ended up in the cafe of a supermarket with a prawn sarnie!
    Anyway, thanks for sharing at Cardz4Galz.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That sympathy card is very elegant and beautiful and the butterfly against the purple is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sharon, of course I adore your neon card! Great minds DO think alike :) I love how you also used the white as a shadow ink. All three cards are just stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.