Instagram

1 Mar 2017

Day 1 of the 30 day colouring challenge

Hello there! How are you today?

I'm into a bit of self improvement at the moment so I decided to plunge in and try to participate in......

http://www.thedailymarker.com/
 

Personally, the main aim in joining the challenge is to get those long forgotten colouring mediums out of those drawers and cupboards and, well.... just have a bash at using them - and see if I can make them sparkle instead of just gathering dust.

I've seen this event happening many times but I just haven't had time to commit to it until now. I'm not saying I'll be able to do some colouring every single day, but I will give it a good try.  I won't necessarily blog my results every day either - I'll probably stick to Instagram.

Anyhoo, as a result of the inspiration from day 1 of the challenge this is the card I made.


In today's video Kathy did some colouring in with sharpie markers and I was amazed to see how good they looked.  That was enough inspiration for me to give it a try, so I rummaged around and spotted a pack of Steadler fine line markers that I actually bought to see if I could do coloured Zentangle. Ha! That NEVER happened.


 
Normally I would not consider using pens like these to shade and colour, but I tried them out and set about colouring.
 
Now, I'm not sure how often I will use this medium because to be honest it took me an age to colour the large rose. But I had fun!

STAMPS: ClarityStamps rose and leaf, Waltzing Mouse sentiment
OTHER: Stamping card, Steadler pens, Pan Pastel in orange tint, Versamark clear ink, Stampendous detail gold embossing powder, 3d foam pads.

While I'm here I'd like to also pop this card in at
CAS colours and Sketches #212 as I used this sketch as a basis (I did a horizontal flip on the sketch)

 

Thanks so much for your visit! I do hope to see you again soon
Hugs,
Sharon xx

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing start to the 30 day challenge - your colouring is simply brilliant!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. That was a labour of love but so worth it. I'm guessing that you fussy cut everything out too. Thanks for joining us on this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb colouring! Love your use of the CC&S sketch. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the shaded corner, and your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring resulting in a gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and what pretty colouring too Sharon. I have so many pencils squirreled away I should get mine out and have a play too sometime ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Sharon! Your orange roses are stunning and so beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe my eyes when I look at these roses! Such an incredible effect and shading with such inexpensive pens -I'm in envy of your skills! Beautiful card layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colouring and I love the tones you have used. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - those roses are stunning! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CC&S. I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.