5 Feb 2017

Guest Designer at AAA Cards


 
Hello friends!
 
This is unusual, isn't it?  A Sunday post from me??? Whatever next! Well, you see I was incredibly honoured to be asked to guest design for AAA cards for their current challenge. Woo Hoo!

 
 
 
 
I had to say yes!
 
The theme is just fabulous:

 
 
 
http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2017/02/cas-game-83-shape-your-love.html
 
"We have an extra option for this challenge, in addition to the love theme you might like to shape up your card. It could be long and thin, a rounded square, circular, heart shaped or any other shape you can imagine, just make sure to keep it LOVE themed and CAS."

I knew that I wanted to make an octagon card shape and I also knew that I wanted to use non-traditional colours, so that was the start of the inspiration for this card.  I had another lovely session of pouncing distress stains onto partially wet watercolour paper, and then spritzing as it dried. I love the way this piece turned out. Doesn't the background add a sense of dimension and depth?
 
 
 
STAMPS: Crafty Secrets "Cherish" set (a set I chose as a prize many years ago from Simon Says Stamp!)
INKS: VersaColor ultimate white pigment ink
EMBOSSING POWDER: Wow! opaque bright white superfine
DISTRESS STAINS: evergreen bough, peacock feathers and iced spruce
OTHER: White linen card, watercolour paper, 3d foam pads, 2mm crystal gems, Ranger distress sprayer

 
I'd like to enter this into:
Craft Rocket Challenge #32 - It's a Love Thing
Crafty Cardmakers #181 - Love Love Love
Inky Chicks #78 - Clean and Simple
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - The Colour of Love
Tuesday Throwdown #328 - Love Notes
 
I hope you will all find time to join in with AAA cards and this fun challenge. Please pop over to their challenge blog to get some amazing inspiration from their talented design team. It is not always easy to keep a shaped card CAS so all their inspiration is brilliant for those that want to join in.
 
Thanks so much for having me as your guest designer ladies!
 
Well, I've finally got around to creating a 'From My Craft Desk' facebook page this week - huh! It's only taken me years to find the 3 minutes I needed to do that!  So, to celebrate (and drum up a few more likes for the page, wink, wink!) I've added this card in a short video on there. Hopefully you can access it HERE.  Maybe next time I'll do a video tutorial....who knows?
 
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

15 comments:

  1. Smashed it Sharon! Love that you went with the different shape thing and your colours are so refreshingly different from the usual reds and pinks. Thanks for being a fabulous Guest Designer at AAA CArds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply fantastic Sharon. Full of your awesome techniques and there is such dreamy depth to that pounced BG it's unreal. Love the non-conventional colours and beautiful shaping. Just brilliant and thanks for guest designing for us this time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this shape and what fabulous embossing-love your colour mix. Great to have you as our GD x

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is GORGEOUS, Sharon! I love it. Thanks so much for Guest Designing for us at AAA Cards and for going with the twist too. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to have you with us as Guest Designer Sharon. I love the shape, and that you used non-traditional colors. They are fabulous, and the technique you used yielded amazing results. I LOVE this card. Stephanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us as GD at AAA - and wow!! This shape card works so perfectly and I'd have never thought of it. The subtle watercolor is beautiful - such a stunning card. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design and shape of your card - a little bit different. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card! i just LOVE the watercoloring :) thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW,what a beauty. Love the watercoloured area and the Love sentiment really pops in the white.

    Thank you so much for joining in with my Love, Love, Love challenge this time.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is so breathtakingly (is that even a word lol) beautiful Sharon! love the CASness, colour, shape.......well everything really ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, beautifully designed. Love background. Thanks for playing along with Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card. I love the shaped card base and the watercolour effect really makes the word pop from the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card and that sentiment is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.