Instagram

28 Jan 2017

Less is More # 313 - Recipe - Balloons

Hi Limettes! It's recipe week this week over at Less is More and we'd love to see all your creations featuring
Balloons

Our December winner joins us as our guest designer this week. She has such a wonderful artistic style and I'm sure you will be wowed by her gorgeous card this week. Please pop over to give the super talented Birgit some love.

I have 3 cards to share today so let's crack on!

1) Blended Balloons


First up is a card where I've used the good old blending and blotting technique on the balloons. I popped these balloons onto a black mat to make them really 'pop' (Ha, Ha! Excuse the pun!)


The balloon stamp is from the Unico birthday bash set.  It was inked up with distress inks and stamped several times for each colour making sure that I blotted really well on each stamping for where I wanted the light to shine. Colours used were wilted violet, cracked pistachio and picked raspberry.  I created 2 pieces of card blended in the same inks, one to create the mat and a small one to create the sentiment. I used my ScanNcut but any die would achieve the same effect when the sentiment is cut out.  A piece of plain black card was lightly embossed just inside the edges. The balloon strings were made freehand using an Inkssentials opaque white pen.

I'd like to enter that into:
The Crazy Challenge #240 - Black is Back
Sieze the birthday challenge - dashing and / or or doodling (I doodled the balloon strings)

2. Die Cut Balloons


I always think there is something so elegant about white and cream together so to ensure I didn't overdo it, I stuck to only die cuts on this card.  A really fast card to make.

Die cut the Die-D-Lites Fun on a string die in a combination of cream linen card and a shiny patterned cream card and stick the swirly parts to the solid parts alternating the card on each piece.  Cut the bow from the same set in the shiny patterned cream card. Add them to two mats cut with a stitched die (Yay! thank goodness for my ScanNcut! I've been so jealous of everyone with stitched dies and now I can make my own stitched shapes). Die cut the Whimsy stamps Birthday Sentimentables sentiment die in the patterned shiny card too.

I'd like to pop this one in at:
Moving along with the times challenge #37- swirls and / or curls
The Crafty Addicts Challenge #32 - Anything Goes / Monochromatic
Crafty Sentiments - Use Dies

3) Hot Air Balloon


I had a little piece of card left over from doing the bokeh technique last week so it really would have been naughty to waste it.  I also thought it would be fun to use a hot air balloon image as a change to party balloons.

The bokeh panel was made using the solid stamps from Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash set, randomly stamped in shaded lilac, tumbled glass and broken chine, and then a final random stamping with white VersaColor ultimate pigment ink.  The dry embossed panel beneath that uses a Craft Concepts budding vine embossing folder.  The hot air balloon is from the Clarity Stamps (the largest one they do). It was heat embossed onto vellum using royal crush WOW! embossing glitter, and that was then stuck onto lilac card that I had shaded with colouring pencils. Why the vellum? I had been too heavy handed with my colouring so it was a bit too dark for the card. The vellum toned it down. The sentiment is also from Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash set, stamped in violet VersaColor.

I'd like to enter this into:
Addicted to stamps and more! #226 - Anything goes
Crafty Girls Creations #32 - Anything goes

____________________________

I hope you have popped over to the challenge blog to see the super cards made by the rest of the design team, and don't forget that they sometimes have extra inspiration on their blogs too.
Have a wonderful week
Hugs,
Sharon xx

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous work, Sharon. A great idea to use the hot air balloon and I too love white and cream, so classy. But your first card just wowed me, those blended blotted balloons really do stand out against the black and the white accents, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cards, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous array of cards. Love the ombre effect on the first card and the balloons really do 'Pop' against the black. Very classy second card and love the clever idea on the third and that background is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have covered all styles here, Sharon, from the vibrant blended balloons to the elegant lacy die cuts. I love that bokeh background for the hot air balloon - it adds real movement. Fab inspiration! I hope you have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now someone has been a super busy bee this week and what a fantastic trio of lovely balloon-ness Sharon. I can't pick a favourite as they are all stunning. You know I love the hot air balloon one with that fabulous BG but the pop of bold coloured balloons on that first one with the matching edge to the card is something else. Then a totally elegant take in the middle. Cool, classy and subtle. Have a great week teamie! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all three of your cards, but I think my favorite is the first one...those balloons really POP on the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi your cards are stunning. Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog for the Swirls and/or Curls Challenge. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, your balloon cards are so fun and festive! Terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More card gorgeousness from you! The first card is just stunning with those amazing colours and the dramatic addition of a black background. Cream and gold are indeed a super elegant and classy combination <3 and the hot air balloon is so fun and eye catching against the bokeh panel. Love them all! Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards, Sharon! I love your watercoloured balloons with doodled strings! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous array of cards Sharon ! All very different but how much beautiful ! I especially love the hot air balloon one. This bokeh background is just stunning and pops up so wonderfully the hot air balloon ! I also love the white embossed panel which gives movement to the card like the wind representation ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards Sharon. Love the die cut. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts and we hope you join us again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great selection of cards here Sharon,all fab as always too.Is that a new blog photo of you?...anyway you look fabulous ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.