3 Sep 2016

Less Is More 292 - Peacock Feather

Hi there,
 
So nice to see you here today. 
 
Phew! Saturday again!! Gosh, this day seems to come around faster and faster each week!
 
I was a little late commenting on people's cards this week because we have been non-stop taking our guests out and being the host and hostess with the most-est whilst at home.  I intend to make time every day this week to keep on top of that though.
 
We do still have a few weeks of guests being at our house....and that may extend out through October if my Mum and sister decide they miss me. But before we know it winter will be upon us so we must make the most of our fantastic weather at the moment.
 
Anyway....Saturday... That means a brand new
 
This week is colour week .....which I initially completely forgot so got all arty with a few non-challenge theme colours on my cards and now I will have to save those to post another time.  We've started  calling that 'doing a Chrissie' ha! ha! (because she tends to forget one layer on one layer week).
 
Anyway, our COLOUR theme is:
 PEACOCK FEATHER.
 
Beautiful!!!
Can't wait to see what you make this week.
 
As usual, I have 3 cards

 

1) Water Colour background


I'd like to pop this one in at Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS
Moo-Mania - Nature's Beauty
City Crafter - Birthday Wishes

 
I adored making this card - and it was SO quick to do (yes, this is my quickie card).

Cut a piece of watercolour paper to the size of a coloured card blank ( mine is turquoise). Wet one half of the paper and gently pounce distress stains in seedless preserves, salty ocean and lucky clover onto the wet area.

Dry with a heat gun, but whilst drying, spritz with water to create a few areas of interest in the form of droplet marks.

When dry, stamp the flowers (repeatedly to create the height) from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz collection Mini Bouquet set in archival black ink and dry this.

Stamp the sentiment from Sweet Dixie Big Sentiments set in archival black ink too.

Use a white pen to add a few highlights to the flowers.

Adhere the water colour paper to the card blank.

2) Doggie Thanks

 
I'd like to pop this one in at Little Red Wagon - Let's Get Inky
Tuesday Throwdown - Clean and Simple
 
I just had to ink up this image when it arrived this week. I am a sucker for the 'crazy' stamp sets!  I think he looks rather smart in his peacock colours, don't you?

Stamp this dog from the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz collection Mini Cats and Dogs in archival black ink.

Watercolour it with distress markers in broken china, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, wilted violet, seedless preserves, weathered wood, mustard seed and carved pumpkin.

Cut the image out using the Lawn Fawn large stitched circles die.

The edge on the purple card was created using Sizzix lables 4 die. This was attached to the turquoise card blank with 3d foam pads and the image was also attached to that with 3d foam pads.

The sentiment was cut from white card using Marianne Creatables die LR0224.

3) UTEE Peacock Feathers


I'd like to pop this one in at Creative Moments - Anything goes with a twist of wedding/anniversary.
 
When I had my melt pot out a few weeks ago I created this piece for this challenge.

In the melt pot heat up UTEE and Melt Art heat it ink in Turquoise and a bit of white,

Ink the Texture Treads mold called fancy feathers with versamark ink, then dust it with Perfect Pearls powders in forever green, forever blue, forever violet and turquoise.

Pour the hot melted UTEE into the mold and let it cool and set before removing it from the mold.

The tiny die tag is a die that I have had for ages and I have no idea what the make or name of it is, sorry.

The sentiment is from Acid Drops and Whatnots square ornamental frames set. It was inked in versacolour #28 pacific.

The sentiment die is attached under the thin ribbon, and the lovely sparkly, pearly UTEE image was added to the card blank.

Please remember to hop on over to our challenge blog to see the amazing creations that my fellow teamies have provided for you this week - and I bet there are more on their personal blogs too.
 
Have a wonderful week, whatever you are up to.
 
Thanks for your visit.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

21 comments:

  1. Lovely Lim cards great colours xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! WOW and WOW! How you manage to fit so many cards in with playing the hostess with the mostest amazes me Sharon. Think I'd struggle to make one. Your cards are all unique and brilliant, love the quickie one and a great explanation, that dog is just so adorable in those peocock colours ... might get a few stares though!!! I'm fascinated by how you've used the Labels 4 die on that one too as I've got that set but never use it but you've inspired me. THEN the last card well I've just collapsed in awe. I've no idea quite how you put that together even after reading the blog but it's AWESOME! You rock!!! Have a fab week and enjoy your guests. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous range of cards, Sharon! Love the movement of your watercolours on the first card and your crazy dog in peacock shades is so fun. I love your meltpot creation too - the colours you have managed to create with the perfect pearls are just beautiful. A really eye catching design! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous birthday card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three more beautiful cards Sharon. The colours behind that pretty silhouette stamp are gorgeous, then the cute dog with the lovely shaped layer, and the wonderful UTEE piece with the fabulous texture and rich colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many gorgeous pieces, thanks for linking to us at MM&M, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous colourful background to your silhouettes. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The UTEE piece looks absolutely amazing, both color and texture wise. Three different cards, each with its own style and charm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello from Moo Mania & More!
    Thank you very much for joining us -
    your projects are just BEAUTIFUL!!
    I adore the card you linked to us!

    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your cards are so pretty...also, love that little puppy and how you used peacock colors! Super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness these cards are amazing! Thank you for sharing them with us at Creative Moments.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so fabulous Sharon! You've definitely inspired me to get my melt pot out again - I used to do UTEE pieces on lots of cards but haven't for about 3 years now. Ooops! The background on the first card is stunning and looks so dramatic against the black stamping, and I love the fun colours of the crazy dog! Fab cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Sharon ! Those 3 projects are fabulous ! They represent so well the challenge theme ! Love this cute doggy ! And your feathers are so stunning ! Thanks for sharing ! Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects. I love colors you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some great techniques you've used on your cards, Sharon - and I agree the crazy dogs looks great in peacock colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some great techniques you've used on your cards, Sharon - and I agree the crazy dogs looks great in peacock colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful job on all of your projects-the peacock inspired card is gorgeous. Such a fun technique to get your end result. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Love your cards! Thanks for playing along with the Girlfriends at Little Red Wagon this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry for the late visit again, Sharon! I love seeing how you use your fabulous stash, you have some great products. I love your quickie card and the addition of the white really makes those silhouettes pop. Your doggy looks great in those colours, would never think of doing something like that. And what you do with your melt pop is fantastic, so effective, I wouldn't know where to start! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow so many lovely cards using the peacock colours Sharon. All so different too,loving all of them 😀 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous creations! Your colorful puppy is adorable. So glad you shared him with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.