Instagram

6 Aug 2016

Less is More 288 - Blue and Brown

Happy Saturday to you!
How has your last couple of weeks been?  Good?

Those 2 weeks have just flown by for me.

I thought I would have loads of crafting time before my grandchildren arrive in 3 days time...but have been so busy that I may need to put them to bed early for a couple of nights to get more DT creations out of the way.

Mean Nanny, eh?

Spoiling their holiday with early nights. ha! ha!

Anyway, it's time for another Less is More challenge
and our theme for this week is a colour one

Brown and Blue

As it is the first challenge in August we have a new sponsor - Seven Hills Crafts.

The rest of the DT have worked their magic so there is loads of inspiration on the challenge blog, and on their personal blogs too.

Here are my DT pieces.

1) Enjoy the journey


I'd like to enter this one into the Cards in Envy - Wings challenge

This one is a subtle blue and bold brown creation.

The cloudy sky was made by brushing broken china distress ink over the Clarity Stamps cloud mask, which was repositioned several times to get the sky effect.

The birds are a Sizzix Tim Holtz alterations die called birds in flight, die cut with kraft card.

The die cut was embossed with a Craft Concepts embossing folder called budding vine, then gathered twigs distress ink was blended over the raised areas with a blending foam.

 The sentiment is from the lovely Stamplorations journey stamps set, inked in tumbled glass.

2) Majestic Bloom


I'd like to enter this into freshly made sketches as it is based on this weeks sketch.


Next is the magnificent Majestic Blooms set of stamps from Altenew.

First, the corner of the card blank was blended with tumbled glass distress ink.

The Altenew stamps were inked up in a combination of tumbled glass, broken china, salty ocean and chipped sapphire, frayed burlap and gathered twigs distress inks. (Ha! the week after I made this card my Misti arrived....could have done with that when making this one!)

The items were cut out by hand ....because I forgot that I had bought the accompanying dies (not having a good week that week, eh? lol) and misted with blue raspberry Perfect Pearls Mist to give a fabulous sheen.

The Sweet Dixie big sentiments stamp was stamped in gathered twigs on a spare piece of card and cut out like a pennant, inking the edges too.

The flowers and sentiment were added to the card on 3d foam pads.

 

3) The quickie card


I'd like to enter this one into the Crafty Boots challenge - use a stamp (the sentiment stamp!)


As usual, here is a quickie card. Love the contemporary feel of this one.

Sizzix Thinlets Tim Holtz Alterations die called scribbles and splat was used to die cut the scribble in a piece of blue and brown card.

The tag die is an unknown brand (sorry), cut out in white and brown card.

The Sweet Dixie big sentiments sentiment was stamped in mushroom Adirondack ink.

A tiny piece of white ribbon was added to the tag.

4) Intricate African Floral


This card uses some leftover smooshed paper and kraft card so I'd like to enter this into Try it on Tuesdays - use your leftovers/scraps

The Sweet Dixie big sentiments sentiment was stamped onto the card blank in mushroom Adirondack ink.

A piece of smooshed paper was used to die cut the flowers using Sizzix Thinlets intricate African florals die. The leaves were cut out in Kraft that had been over stamped with an Indigo Blu text stamp in mushroom Adirondack.

One gem was added to the centre.





Thank you so much for looking. I do hope you will come back again soon.

I may be a little busy taking the kiddies to the beach this week but I will try to respond to any comments either early in the morning or late at night (unless mean Nanny puts the kiddies to bed early, wink, wink!).

I can't wait to see how you all interpret this week's theme.

Hugs,
Sharon xx



24 comments:

  1. OMG!There's no stopping you is there Sharon. A mass of beautiful blues and browns. I was slightly worried about this colour combo but you've certainly excelled to the max. Love the LIM one in particular with the gentle blending behind the bloom and leaves - so classy. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fab, Sharon! You were on a roll. I love how they all have such a different look and feel, but still use the brown and blue colours to such fantastic effect. Those scribble dies are awesome and I'm seriously tempted by them! The birds in flight card has captured my heart though with that beautiful layout and soft blue background and sentiment... just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Sharon! love the colours xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many creative cards here Sharon, loving them all. Enjoy your grandchildren too, our 4 are coming tomorrow ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful clouds on your birds on flight card. Love thst you embossed the diecut. Thanks for joining us at cards in envy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful clouds on your birds on flight card. Love thst you embossed the diecut. Thanks for joining us at cards in envy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to echo Sarah, you were on a roll. You didn't enjoy this challenge one bit, huh? I've Pinned them all. I hope to have some time this weekend to play, as I'm surrounded by grands until Monday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your cards are gorgeous,,,,,fabulous ink work! So glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful and varied collection of cards. Thank you for playing along with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made a set of really pretty cards. Brown and blue was hard for me but you make it look very easy !

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, what stunning cards. Am a sucker for Altenew at the moment so guess that is my favourite, but the 'scribbles andsplats' die card is very on trend.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have created some beauties with this colour combo, Sharon! I love those birds and that scribble die has gone straight to the top of my wish list. The majestic bloom from Altenew is just so beautiful and I love the soft inking behind it. Great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wonderful inspirational cards. Hope you have fun with the grand children and manage to sneak in a little crafting. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  14. An amazing array of creativity Sharon! I like them all but my fave is your #2 with that gorgeous floral and the soft color behind it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous set of cards... Love each of them... each one is so different from another... I will definitely case them...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! I love the one with the birds you linked to our challenge! So simple yet beautiful! Love the brown with the blue. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing one of your lovely cards with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous array of cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing group of cards!! It's so fun to see how many different looks you can get from basic blue and brown. Gorgeous coloring on your FMS card - and beautiful dimension. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Lots of inspiration. I love the colours of the birds in your first card and the depth of colour in your sevond card with your flower is wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great set of cards! Your blue card is very beautiful with a lovely flower. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. Mar DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm very late too, Sharon. Had my mum staying with me for a few days and only grabbed a few hours with her in the evenings so all behind this week. Wow, you really did go for it with this colour combo. I love the floral corner with the gentle blend of blue and then the super modern scribble die cards, love that! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards! They're giving me so many ideas to try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. your birds are stunning on the card!!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.