14 May 2016

Less is More week 276 - One Layer Challenge At Sea

A very good day to you! Are you well?
 
I'm soooo busy at the moment. There's only 3 weeks to go before I have to sail home for my eldest daughter's wedding ....... and I'm still doing the wedding favours, place settings, table plan, menus and order of services! eeek! It'll all get done in time though I'm sure. Will give you a peek at them once the  wedding is all over with.

Anyway, it's yet another Saturday and it is time for our newest
which this week is our One Layer week
and the theme is At Sea.

Hmmm......not a subject that I would normally use on a card, but I did have fun creating three cards for your inspiration.
 
So, at sea I found:
 a pirate,
some shells (okay, they were at the bottom of the sea)
and some sailing boats.

First up I have a little pirate boy card. Isn't he a cute image?  I wanted to get the feeling of a comic book so I went for plain colouring without any shading.
 

The stamp set is Efco Creative Emotions stamp set but I couldn't find the name on the packaging. I stamped (in memento onyx black) and masked the pirate, and then stamped the parrot so that it perched on his hat.

It was coloured in Promarkers

The sentiment is Woodware playtime.

I would like to enter this into
Fab n Funky challenge - for a child
Moving along with the times - Man or Boy





Next I made a little notelet with seashells.

The stamp is rubber Stampede Seashells.

It was coloured in promarkers, glittered with a wink of stella and finally covered in glossy accents.

I would like to enter this into Addicted to Stamps and More - holiday (well, seashells always make me think of holidays)






Finally my boats and the sentiment ("You can't change the wind, you can however adjust your sails") are Wax Fruit Company digis. 

The sails of the boats were coloured in gelliroll pens which gives them a lovely sparkle.

The sea and sky were very lightly coloured in markers so that they didn't bleed through to the back.

I would like to enter this into the male room challenge - Transport
DRS designs - It's a guy thing






Hope you will pop over to the challenge blog to see the magic that my teamies have created with this theme; there are some beautiful cards for your inspiration.
 
Thank you so much for popping by.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

30 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon
    Fabulous cards... All stunning...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all absolutely wonderful Sharon, I don't know how you manage it every time when you have so much to do for your upcoming family wedding!
    Awesome!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon
    Fab CAS cards. Love the pirate! Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.
    Best wishes.
    Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three fab takes on this weeks's theme, Sharon! I do love the sailing boats and that is a great sentiment and the shells look very elegant. I hope that you make good progress with all of the wedding related projects - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration, love the parrot perched on his head! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super array of AT SEA cards to encourage our OLC creativity this week

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. woooow they are all amazing
    I love your first card so cute
    the second one so CAS and the last one so manly and also CAS design
    your cards are all Awesome
    woooow
    many thanks for joining us at ATSM this week
    I adore your card
    hugs
    Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards! I love the pirate, so cheerful and perfect for the theme. The shells look great and so nicely coloured. And using gelli pens on the sailboat sails was inspired - a really fab look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally inspired by your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally inspired by your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome group of cards! Super CAS style and images. THanks for sharing them with us in the DRS Designs Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all look amazing, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards. I love the pirate - so cute!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great inspiration cards...love your little pirate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely CAS cards!! I do like the one with all the sailboats, makes me long for warmer weather. It's very cold here in NW Ohio - calling for a freeze/frost warning tonight. Yikes!!

    Thank you for joining this week's challenge at DRS Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A mix of cute, class and exotic Sharon. I definitely love the multiple yacht stamp that's got so much movement in it - if you know what I mean. A perfect trio of one layer cards and another great week of cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I have the digi image of the sailboats...Love it. Three great cards but I think my favorite might be the seashells...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I have the digi image of the sailboats...Love it. Three great cards but I think my favorite might be the seashells...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fab collection of inspiration Sharon - I LOVE that sailboat image and your colouring is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of your cards are great, love the sailboats it made a great guy card. Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally agree that sea shells remind us of holidays, certainly makes me wish I was on an island holiday right about now..... Perfect CAS design and gorgeous colouring. So very glad you shared it with us this week at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your cards, lots of great inspiration as always. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are great cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine ( DT ) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are great cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine ( DT ) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. They are all absolutely gorgeous. I do like the textured card you use. The sailboats look so serene, great sentiment too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Male Room, Deborah. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous cards.....Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lots of fabulous creations once again, teamie! They all have a really different feel too. Love the shells in those tones, I bet the shimmer and shine looks wonderful in real life. Thanks for linking that one up over at ATSM too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Excellent array of CAS cards, love them all but my fav is the shells, great stamping :D x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cards again Sharon! ....oh it brings back memories of our daughter's wedding, soooo much to do and so little time. You will get it all done so don't worry too much.You must show us some photo's too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.