3 Mar 2016

Stars and Kings

Hello there.
 
How's your week going?
 
Well, we're 'over the hump' and on the downward spiral towards the weekend now. Yay!
 
Looking forward to this weekend because the weather here is set to be magnificent.
It's pretty good today as well. I'm so lucky to have the sun beating down on me through the window of my craft room.
Think I'll have to go outside and enjoy a bit of it!
 
Anyway, before I get to my cards,  I have a couple of thank yous to do as I've had 3 cards highlighted this week. Yippee!
Wow! I am so happy. It is really something to see your cards highlighted.
 
Okay, let's get to today's cards.
 
These first two are my submissions for this weeks 52 Christmas Card Throwdown where the technique challenge is Stencilling.  Sorry I'm a bit late this week ladies!
 
These 2 cards took some doing, I can tell you.
SOOOOO much masking!
Had to be really careful because you know what blue ink and yellow ink make if they are combined...yep, green (and I didn't want green on these cards)
 
 
Items Used:
Clarity Stencil and Sentiment
Distress Inks Mermaid Lagoon and Mustard Seed
Glamour Dust
Vellum - because the sentiment came out too dark so I had to tone it down a bit.
 
 
Items used:
Clarity Stamps stencil
Distress Inks: Mustard Seed and Salty Ocean
Adirondack Sailboat Blue
Glamour dust
The snowman sentiment
 
 
This one is for the ABC Christmas challenge  - 'E' is for embossing
And Fashionable Stamping Challenge where the theme is Sunrise or Sunset.
 
I really wanted to do a CAS entry for those challenges.
 
 
 
Items used:
Clarity Stamps Stencil
Perfect Pearls Powder - Perfect Pearl
Versamark
Main image is an old Docrafts wooden stamp
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
The stamp's background is smooshed Ripe Persimmon and Mustard Seed DI
Image has been double embossed with Stampendous clear embossing powder to make a tile
 
Okay, that's it for now.
Thank you so much for pausing here to take a look at my cards,
Hugs,
Sharon xx


13 comments:

  1. A fabulous CAS card Sharon and I really like the way that you've made the main focal image pop against the stencilled background. The silhouette camels look wonderful in front of your sunset background the image is finished perfectly with your double embossing. Thank you so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! That star really glistens! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fab! I really love it :)
    Thanks for sharing it at 52CCT :) Kaja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, I'm impressed at your masking technique. I soo would have ended up with a green card! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, have to agree with Cara I too would have ended up with green. Wonderful look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both lovely cards Sharon, I simply love the first 2 cards, the inking is gorgeous here, and very serene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A GORgeous CAS card..I LOve your stencil. Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful CAS cards love the stencilling and great masking
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! You've been really busy. I think the stencilled star cards are stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with our stencilling challenge at 52CCT. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at ABC Christmas challenge this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are so elegant. You're well on the road to a stress free Christmas!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards and the silhouette stamp works perfectly against the sunset background, thanks for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards - love the background you made on the second one!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.