13 Feb 2016

Return of the sparkly face

Hello.
Happy Saturday to you.
Thanks for dropping in.
 
Oh boy! Am I really happy to be back in my craft room, or what!?
 
I was a little under the weather last week but today I am 100% better. 
 
Wish my mojo was 100% too, because I made several mistakes this morning, as I'll explain further down.
 
 
 
I have a card to share with you today that I've pulled together this morning and it uses one of my favourite colour combinations.
 
I'm entering this into 3 challenges:
 
52 Christmas Card Countdown, where the February colour theme is Blue, Cream and Gold
Just Us Girls #330, where it's trend week and you have to add a tag to your project
And Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra- where it is Anything goes as long as it's Christmas
 
 
 
Well, this card didn't actually go as smooth as I wanted.
 
Ha Ha....we learn by mistakes, don't we?
 
First Mistake:
Thought I'd be clever (always dangerous and I should know better by now!) and add Versamark ink to the raised areas of an embossing folder and then heat emboss the de-bossed bits.
 
 Huh...that worked out....NOT!
 
Second Mistake:
Decided to colour in the de-bossed bits with a gold pen, comme ça.
 
 
Really, really, really didn't like the end result.
 
 So finally opted for colouring over the gold pen with a versamark pen and heat embossing that way.
 
Then the gold glitter paper didn't match the embossing powder.
So inked and heat embossed the edges of some paper to create a mat.
 
Yes, Like that result!
 
 
 
Then the Final Mistake came putting the card together.
Yep, made that CLASSIC mistake of sticking the blue panel on upside down.
Couldn't change it because I'd already attached the tag.
 
Hey Ho!
 
So cut the card in half and fixed it to a new card blank.
 
Job Done!
 
Items used
Sizzix embossing folder
Versamark Pen
Papermania Tinsel Gold embossing powder
Sorry - I haven't got a note of the stamp set that the Christmas Wishes stamp comes from.
 
 
Okay, so my mistakes this morning actually commenced with the first card I made.
I took ages lining everything up and then I go and spoil it by....
 
 
... not aligning the stamp in the middle bauble properly.
Doh!
 
Items used in this card:
Paula Pascual Joyful Baubles stamp set
Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink
Papermania Tinsel Gold embossing powder
 
Think I may have another go at this card because I quite like it
 
 
My husband laughed again when he popped into my craft room with a cuppa tea (love him!) because my face was awash with sparkly embossing powder.
 
 Can anyone tell me why faces attract all the glitter in your craft areas?
Now if it had been my hair, I could understand! Was pulling it out with each mistake.
 
Ha Ha! Guess I've learnt a LOT this morning, huh?
 
Okay, I'm off to create more havoc.
Thank you so much for looking at my cards,
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

12 comments:

  1. Oh dear - I hope you have some hair left! I make mistakes all the time but your cards still look stunning. Thanks for sharing them this week at 52{C}CT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh djee no smooth stamping morning, but hope you still liked the time spent with paper ink and colours... I love that first card! It is such a beauty!And the second has also a greet layout! Thanks for your comment on my cards! Gerrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what I enjoyed more, your cards or your story telling! (BTW, there are no mistakes in paper crafting, only opportunities! LOL!)Both cards look fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Entertaining stories of mistakes that we all make, you tell it so well! LOL! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your story telling as well...so much that I decided to follow you! Love the gold, blue and cream combo...so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we have all made the mistake of putting the panel on upside down. I did just that recently.
    Love the colour choices you used. Both just go so well together. So glad you persevered and your end result is so lovely. thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is amaaazing! So beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing it at 52CCT :) xx Kaja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post is hilarious only because I can soooo relate! LOL! Your final cards are so pretty and I hope you think they were worth it! Time in the craft room making mistakes are better than being at work! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and I did laugh at all the mistakes aka 'creative steps' along the way! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to perservere through those mistakes! They happen to us all and your end results are just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you kept going despite all the problems you had, because you have two wonderful cards here! I love the gold snowflakes against the rich blue background. Since the middle ornament is the reverse color scheme of the other two, it doesn't necessarily "need" to be aligned the same, IMO anyway! :) Thanks for sharing your cards with us at 52CCT. I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely results whatever!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC Extra!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.