24 Feb 2016

Just a bit of fun

Hi there,
 
How's your week coming along? 
 
Mine is going terrifically. 
 
I did say each new week is full of excitiong possibilities, didn't I? 
 
Well so far:
  • My new stamps arrived (Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! don't tell my OH. Oh blow! forgot that he was the one that signed for them! haha!)
  • My crazy bird card was a winner at CAS colours and Sketches. Yippee!
  • I had an honourable mention at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Fab!
  • And I am 1 pound off loosing a stone in weight. Incredible really because my OH tries to nobble me with butter, milk, bread, cream, chocolate etc.etc every time he makes a dinner. Thank goodness for syns!
YAY!!! Happy week!
 
As I'm in such a good mood,  I made a card just for fun. Sometimes we take our card making too seriously, don't we? Well I hope you like this frivolous one (Yes, using the stamps that arrived today)  ;-)
I love this cat's expression.
 
 
I'm entering this into:
52 Christmas Card Throwdown February Theme - Baking (hope the Xmas Pud counts!)
One Layer Christmas Card Challenge # 26 - Anything Goes 
http://onelayerchristmas.blogspot.pt/
 
To prove it is one layer, here's how I made the border with a ruler and pen (note, only 2 edges have been done here)
 
Items used:
Stampers Anonymous Crazy Cats stamp
Papermania Silent Night stamp - the Xmas pud
Distress Pens: Antique Linen, Old Paper, Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone, Lucky Clover, Festive Berries.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs,
Sharon xx

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new stash, wins and honorable mentions - feels good, doesn't it?

    Cool make too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Well done on such a great week too. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovelly card and funny image :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image and sentiment. So funny. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Really adorable.
    Thanks for playing with us at 52cct! Hope you will join us again :) Kaja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card - I am such a cat lover! Loved reading all your achievements too - well done! Thanks for joining us this week at 52(C)CT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can imagine our kitty thinking the same thing! :) Thanks for sharing your whimsical card with us at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! I absolutely love your take on the challenge. The expression on the cat's face is priceless. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card, Sharon. LOVE the look at crazy kitty's face.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.